3/9/13

And there you were.....

It has been 4 years since those doors opened in a room a world away....4 years since the son we had longed for and loved from afar became REAL.  4 years since we sat in a little room feeling like we were going to throw up when suddenly just like that a door opened and our lives stood still.
I vividly remember every single second of that meeting.  Every single second of the nerves, the fear, the laughter, and the tears.  I remember sitting there and unexpectedly Jae-min's Omma handing me our son....
I remember how he smelled, how he felt, how he looked at me and smiled.  I remember the feeling of those blue pants he was wearing and reading his shirt that said "happy".  I remember the kerchief tied around his little neck to catch the drool.  I remember handing him back to his Omma and with the sweetest words in Korean she began to speak to him.  And I remember him lighting up so big as she sang to him and thinking "I hope someday he lights up like that with me".
I remember a room full of joy, full of such happiness that we felt we could conquer the world.
I remember walking downstairs with him and watching him light up the room.  I remember everyone he came in contact with smiling and loving on our boy.
And then I remember having to say goodbye....to hand him back to his Omma for just a few more days.  I remember leaving Holt with empty arms, but a full heart.  I remember feeling like I was walking on air!!!!  Because on this day 4 years ago we touched and loved on our son....and this was just the beginning.....

2 comments:

mom & dad said...

What a loving, happy little boy Jae-min has become! He does light up the room with his infectious smile. He has brought so much joy to our family. Some of the things he comes out with always brings a smile and laughter to our faces!
We love you Jae-min! We're proud to have you as our grandson!
Love, Grammy & Papa

Unknown said...

Good information Tyres near Berkshire